Ceremonial grade Japanese Matcha powder from d:matcha’s farm in Wazuka, Kyoto, Japan.
Harvested in spring (or the first harvest of the year) from d:matcha’s Ninose tea field located in Yubune, Wazuka Town. This field is known for its distinct taste and colour. These qualities are heavily attributed to the sandy properties of the field, a rarity in Wazuka, which is well known for its mountainous characteristics. All these distinct features come together, producing extremely ideal conditions for tea worthy to be used at a culinary level. The quality of this matcha however, is in actual fact that of a ceremonial grade. This means you can also enjoy it purely as a drink. Also best recommended for all your baking needs!
Additional production information:
Cultivated variety: Yabukita
Product type: Matcha
Storage: Keep in a cool dark place. Refrigerate to preserve freshness once opened.
1. Scoop 1.5-2 teaspoons (about 3-4 grams) of matcha powder for every 80-120ml cup of milk.
2. Sift your matcha powder into a bowl, swirling the powder with your spoon.
3. Pour 60ml of not boiling hot water (temp. about 80-90 degrees Celcius), and using your chasen, whisk the tea in a gentle circular motion for thin and smooth tea for about 10-15 seconds ensuring there are no clumps.
4. Add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar or sweetener (optional but recommended)
5. Carefully pour the whisked matcha into the milk. Optional – add foamed milk and sprinkle some matcha powder on top.