High quality Japanese Houjicha powder from d:matcha’s farm in Wazuka, Kyoto, Japan.
Pure Japanese roasted green tea leaves have been blended into powder to create the harmonious and distinct flavours of houjicha. The roasting process used to make Houjicha also lowers the amount of caffeine in the tea. If you are craving a cup of latte but don’t want the caffeine, this is the perfect tea for you!
Approximately 22 cups servings.
Storage: Store at room temperature.
1. Scoop 1.5-2 teaspoons (about 3-4 grams) of houjicha powder for every 80-120ml cup of milk.
2. Sift your powder into a bowl, swirling the powder with your spoon.
3. Pour 60ml of not boiling hot water (temp. about 80-90 degrees Celcius), and using your chasen, whisk the tea in a gentle circular motion for thin and smooth tea for about 10-15 seconds ensuring there are no clumps.
4. Add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar or sweetener (optional but recommended)
5. Carefully pour the whisked houjicha into the milk. Optional – add foamed milk and sprinkle some houjicha powder on top.