A delicate and mellow blend of roasted brown rice grains and tea, genmaicha is well known for its deep taste. The brown rice or genmai used to create this product was also harvested from Wazuka Town. As part of d:matcha’s on going project to revitalise the region, they started organic rice farming in 2021. Always popular in the winter for its warm and comforting aromas, the tea is well balanced, full flavored and smooth.
When infused as a cold brew, the result is a refreshing brew. The natural aroma of the rice is also further enhanced in the absence of heat used during the steeping process. Genmaicha is suitable for those looking for a low caffeine tea drink.
Each purchase comes in a resealable pack.
How to enjoy this product as a hot drink:
1. Place one teaspoon (4g) of tea leaves in a teapot or infuser.
2. Pour 100mL boiling water and steep for 30 seconds.
3. Once tea leaves look like they starting to open, pour the brewed tea over a strainer into your cup. Ensure the tea is poured till the last drop. Enjoy!
4. When finished, gently tap the teapot to evenly disperse the tea leaves. This allows the leaves to cool in preparation for the next brew. You can brew the tea leaves for up to 3 times.
How to enjoy this product as a cold drink:
1. Place approximately 15g of tea leaves into an infuser.
2. Add 1L (1000mL) of water.
3. Let the brew steep overnight, preferably in the refrigerator, for approximately 12 hours.
4. Before drinking, shake or stir the tea leaves up a bit to release more flavour and colour. You can also add ice if desired. Enjoy!